- Use 1-2 teaspoons of Turmeric in medium heated milk to make Turmeric milk.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons to any soup recipe. It will add a deep golden hue to it.
- Add a colour pop to rice dishes by adding ½ teaspoon turmeric to the water when cooking the rice.
- Add a 1-inch piece of turmeric root to smoothies. You can also include it in freshly pressed juices.Use the freshly grated root in marinades for chicken, fish and beef. Simply add 1 teaspoon of the grated root to any marinade recipe for a flavour and colour kick.
- Stir freshly grated turmeric into salad dressings.Sprinkle into egg dishes. It’s easy to add a teaspoon of turmeric to your scrambled egg mixture, or add into a frittata or quiche recipe. The colour of the turmeric will enhance the colour of the eggs.
- The ingredients in golden milk have powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Taking turmeric by mouth three times daily for 8 weeks reduces itching in people with long-term kidney disease.
- A chemical found in turmeric, reduces depression symptoms in people already using an antidepressant.
- A chemical found in turmeric, seems to reduce hay fever symptoms such as sneezing, itching, runny nose, and congestion.
- Turmeric seems to lower levels of blood fats called triglycerides. The effects of turmeric on cholesterol levels are conflicting.