- Star anise can be used whole or ground, and in both sweet and savoury dishes. Use this fragrant spice whole to infuse flavour into tea, cocktails, soup broth, and even pasta sauce. The ground version can be used in baked good and is an ingredient in five spice powder.
- Star anise is rich in antioxidants and vitamin A and C, which help fight free radicals that are responsible for early ageing and diabetes.
- The oil produced from star anise contains thymol, terpineol and anethole, which is used for treating cough and flu.
- Anise also helps improve digestion, alleviate cramps and reduce nausea.
- Consuming star anise tea after meals helps treat digestive ailments such as bloating, gas, indigestion and constipation. Anise is one of the main ingredients in your favourite masala tea
- Drinking one glass of water infused with the crushed seeds of star anise at night can increase one’s sex drive!