- Cumin can be used both as the whole seed or ground.
- Cumin seed benefits from toasting before use to being out its aromatic, nutty flavour.
- Cumin is a staple ingredient in most curry powders and many spice blends.
- It’s reserved primarily for savoury recipes, like chilli, stews, meat, fish, and vegetables.
- cumin’s earthy flavour enriches everything from guacamole to vegetables to meat.
- Cumin helps to improve digestion system.
- Cumin is rich source of iron,children need iron to support growth and young women need iron to replace blood lost during menstruation.
- Some of cumin’s components have shown promise helping to treat diabetes.
- Cumin has also improved blood cholesterol in clinical studies.
- Concentrated cumin supplements have helped promote weight loss.