- Cloves are a popular addition to many curry dishes and to biryani.
- Use them with pumpkin and squash dishes; the cloves complement the flavours of these fruit vegetables well.
- Coves helps in shooing away pests, to creating a lovely fragrance in the home.
- Add crushed or ground cloves to cakes and desserts requiring a warm, spicy flavour.
- Relishes, chutneys, and pickles. Cloves make a spicy addition to many of these condiments.
- Cloves contain fibre, vitamins and minerals, so using whole or ground cloves to add flavour to your food can provide some important nutrients.
- Cloves are high in antioxidants, including eugenol and vitamin C, both of which can help reduce oxidative stress.
- Test-tube studies show that the compounds in cloves may reduce cancer cell growth and promote cancer cell death.
- Cloves include antimicrobial properties, which may help kill harmful bacteria.
- The compounds in cloves may help promote insulin production and lower blood sugar.