- Asafoetida Powder can be used in a variety of dishes from fried snacks to a delicate fish curry.
- Asafoetida is used in savoury dishes, often to add a moreflavour by mimicking the taste of onions, garlic, egg, and even meat.
- It’s a staple ingredient in any cooking, commonly used along with turmeric in lentil dishes.
- It is sometimes used to harmonize sweet, sour, salty, and spicy components in food. The spice is added to the food at the time of tempering.
- Sometimes dried and ground asafoetida (in very small quantities) can be mixed with salt and eaten with raw salad.
- Asafoetida is an age-old medicine for stomach problems including gas, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), intestinal worms and flatulence.
- Asafoetida may also help in relieving respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis, dry cough, et al due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and antibiotic effects.
- Asafoetida is known to be a natural blood thinner and may help in lowering blood pressure levels.
- Periods are a nightmare for most women; however, asafoetida may come to your rescue by alleviating the menstrual pain and cramps in the lower abdomen and back.
- Asafoetida has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the head, which in turn reduces headaches.